Each season, PFO brings together a group of teens from in and around Charlotte who are diverse in almost every way imaginable. What unites these teens is that they are willing and excited to answer the questions, “Who am I?” and “How will I give of that?”
Interested in joining the PFO family? Check out the information below!
- Calendar for 2019-2020 will be released early 2019.
- For breakdown of the types of events and activities our teens participate in, you can review the 2018-2019 Playing for Others calendar here.
- Application for the 2019-2020 season is available by clicking the button below!
- Sit down with parents to fill out the application online.
- Once submitted, we will be in touch to invite you and a parent to an interview.
- 2019-2020 application is open on a rolling basis – see link below
- A PFO staff member will confirm receipt of your application with 5 business days
- Application Due Date : TBD April 2019
- Interviews will be held April and May 2019
- Decisions will be made shortly after all interviews have been completed
- Arrive, sign in, and go to our receiving room where current PFO teens will be running individual stations and explaining pieces of the PFO program in detail.
- Parents and teens sit down with a current PFO teen and Advisor for a brief conversation.
- Finally, teens and parents meet briefly with the Executive Director.
- The interview takes a total of 1 hour. Following the interview, teens will be notified about acceptance; those accepted will be invited to the first meeting of the new season.
- We are committed to ensuring that PFO is accessible to all teens.
- Scholarship need does not affect final acceptance decisions.
- Families will be given program fee and scholarship process information at the time of the interview.