In Playing for Others, we believe that all people are deserving of love and acceptance. The PFO Buddy Program pairs our teens with children with a disability and their siblings for a year-long adventure, in the interest of creating deep and lasting friendships based on the recognition that people are people, regardless of ability, condition or diagnosis.
Teens and their “buddies” enjoy monthly events where they experience the arts, explore the community and even give back through community service.
Interested in becoming a buddy family?
2018-2019 Buddy Events
- Sunday, August 19th, 1:30pm-3:00pm Meet Your Buddy
Note: Attendance to the Meet Your Buddy Event is Mandatory – no exceptions.
- Sunday, September 9th 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, October 7th 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, November 18th 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, December 9th 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, January 13th 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, February 3rd 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Sunday, March 5th- Red Carpet Event- Time TBD
Note: Attendance to the Red Carpet Buddy Event is Mandatory – no exceptions.
In order to participate families must be able to attend 7 out of the 8 events