In Playing for Others, we believe that all people are deserving of love and acceptance. The PFO Buddy Program pairs our teens with children with a disability and their siblings for a year-long adventure, in the interest of creating deep and lasting friendships based on the recognition that people are people, regardless of ability, condition or diagnosis.
Teens and their “buddies” enjoy monthly events where they experience the arts, explore the community and even give back through community service.
Interested in becoming a buddy family?
2016-2017 Buddy Events
- Sunday, August 28th, 2:30pm-4:00pm Meet Your Buddy
Note: Attendance to the Meet Your Buddy Event is Mandatory – no exceptions.
- Saturday, September 10th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, October 9th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, November 13th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, December 11th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, January 8th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, February 12th 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Sunday, March 5th- Red Carpet Event- Time TBD
Note: Attendance to the Red Carpet Buddy Event is Mandatory – no exceptions.
In order to participate families must be able to attend 7 out of the 8 events